COLORECTAL CANCER SCREENING TRAINING MODULE FOR GENERAL PRACTICE
Screening of Colorectal Cancer for General Practitioners and Primary Care Practitioners
Colorectal Cancer (CRC) is the second most common cancer in Malaysia. Unfortunately, it is usually diagnosed in the late stage. This can be mitigated if regular screening of CRC is conducted in the community by the primary care doctors.
Target Audience and Goal Statement
This activity is intended for general practitioners and primary care clinicians.
The goal of this activity is to encourage general practitioners and primary care clinicians to screen for CRC in their practice.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should:
1. Know the epidemiology and natural history of CRC in Malaysia.
2. Able to evaluate the risk factors and role of screening for CRC.
3. Able to counsel patients on steps in performing iFOBT.
4. Able to recognise early signs and symptoms of CRC.
5. Coordinate referral pathways and patient navigation.
Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 1CPD point, eligible to enrol in the CRC program organised by AFPM/MOH Malaysia. A certificate of participation will be issued, which is endorsed by AFPM/MOH Malaysia.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
There are no charges for participating in or receiving CPD points from this online educational activity.
This activity shall be completed in 2 hours. Participants are strongly encouraged to read the following before attempting this activity:
1. Malaysia National Cancer Registry Report (2012-2016). MOH Malaysia.
2. Clinical Practice Guidelines on Management Colorectal Cancer, 2017, MOH Malaysia.
3. Quick Reference for Health Care Providers on Management of Colorectal Cancer, MOH Malaysia.
4. Panduan Saringan dan Pengesanan Awal Kanser Kolorektal Edisi3, 2020, MOH Malaysia
5. Guideline for CRC Screening for GPs/Primary Care Physicians by AFPM
To receive 1 MMC CPD Point and Certificate of Competence, you must obtain a minimum score of 75% on the post-test.
CRC Training Registration
For to join the training, the participants need to register. After registering, the participants receive a username and password, including a link to access the AFPM eLearning Portal for the CRC Training Program.
Click the Microsoft Forms " Fill in the form " to register for the CRC Training.